Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Yesterday we took Miles to the doctor for a check up. They verified that he is indeed a giant. He weighs 31 pounds and he is 35 inches tall. That puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and the 95th for height. Giant.

They doctor went over normal development questions. When he asked how many words he uses I said 20 and then immediately second guessed myself and said 15 - 20.

I decided it would be a good idea to make a list of words and phrases that Miles is currently using regularly.

baby, ball, dog, car, food, mama, dada, Stacy, night night, walk, trash, blocks, all gone, rice, banana, yogurt, juice, bird, cheese, bye bye, spoon, nap, socks, this, snack, outside, bear, bath and here.

That is more than 20 and I am pretty sure there are more that I am just not remembering. He will probably remind me when I get home though. He also has his own words that he uses for things. His blanket is "be" and he must have his "be" in order to sleep. Cups and anything else that does or can contain water in a "ba ba". We are trying to teach that things like puddles and toilets are not "ba bas" but he insists that anything containing liquid must be a "ba ba".

No comments:

Post a Comment